Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh, the French

I read about this book on the book blog, The Elegant Variation. If you have not checked out that site it's really good. The book had received such a funny sounding review that I had to read it. Yes, it's very French. The author really dives into a spiral of self doubt and reflection that becomes comical. You want to reach through the pages and say "stop it already!". You can't help wondering what the woman's counterpoint would have been. Was it really no big deal and he was making a mountain out of a molehill? I think yes.

While some reviews I read said the passage on turtlenecks was hysterical it was the one about wrapping paper that hit home with me. It's a fast read. If you have a weekend day free, it's cold outside and you have some Rhone Valley wine, tuck into this one. Wrap a scarf around your neck and adopt an accent for the day if you feel like it! Enjoy Francophiles!

No comments: