Saturday, October 25, 2008

What the Heck Just Happened?

The cover catches you. I was curious. I have seen this book in a number of bookstores but could not justify buying it because it's so short. When it showed up at the thrift store I grabbed it.

What? Excuse me? What just happened? "Eeeee Eee Eeee" is strange. I don't even know how to describe it. A modern tale of a person who moves home and deals with the usual - crappy job, no girlfriend, hanging out with high school friends. But beyond that normal sounding plot is some trippy stuff.

The more I think about this one the more I like it. I never got the sense it was forced. I did not feel as though the author was just piling stuff on to make this weird. This one is in the running for our Summer novella group. It's short enough, it's recent and it's very male. I don't know how to back up the "it's male" statement but if you read it you will see what I mean.

No comments: