Sunday, April 5, 2009

Murder Two-fer

Murder mysteries - vacation reading at its best. My Dad and I visited the Buckhead Atlanta Public Library and he checked out these two titles for me on Saturday. I would be leaving Atlanta the following Tuesday so I had to hurry and up read these books.

I started with Agatha Christie. I've read "And Then There Were None" numerous times and a few other titles, but never the class of "Murder on the Orient Express". I loved Hercule Poirot. He's a grown-up version of Encyclopedia Brown. Even if I really tried I would not catch all the nuances that he uses to solve the crime. I won't give it away but the book is a fun romp and provides a snapshot of the glamour of train travel.

Ah, up next Aimee Leduc and "Murder in the Rue de Paradis". I'm not reading these in order and you really don't have to. I thought this one was better than the last one I read. Aimee's personality is fleshed out more and you start to get to know her better. Plus the descriptions of Paris are, again, top notch. Wish I was there right now! Read this one in a day and did not feel as though I was rushing it - this story moves at a fast pace.

No comments: