Friday, May 1, 2009

Sheldon gets a Second Chance

After my first experience with Sidney Sheldon, I was not sure I would be back for a second round. My mom held this one for me and gave it to me when I was in Atlanta in March. She must not have read my first post. Ha ha.

So there are 4 people (of course) who all die mysteriously right around the same time (you know where this is headed). So the people were actually murdered and the murders were part of a plot to conceal a really big, international evil plan masterminded in the United States. Trust me, I'm not giving anything away.

Ok, kidding aside this book was actually fun to read. The main characters were women and I liked seeing them get smarter as the book went along. They were a lot more interesting characters than the first Sheldon read. I also understood the point of the big, evil plan unlike some other authors (Dan Brown) where I don't understand the finer points of the plot because it deals with a subject I don't really care about.

My reading has slowed down a little but not in a bad way. Right now I'm reading a dreamy Japanese novel that I hope to finish in the next few days to keep on moving. So many books and so little time!

No comments: