Monday, May 18, 2009

Starting at the Beginning

I had a vacation day on Friday and knew I wanted something easy to read. Since I've been reading so much Lehane lately I thought I would start with the first in the Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro series. It was a really quick read and seems to the shortest in the story collection. It's a good introduction to the characters, Boston and their collection of friends. I think Lehane refines Patrick more based on the later installment I've read. In this one he comes off a bit sarcastic. I still like his relationship with Angela.

Thanks to everyone who came out last night for the novella group discussion of "Eeeee Eee Eeee". I'm so glad I picked that one to read because I knew I wanted to discuss it with other people. We went for about an hour and a half and probably could have talked more. Great night and great discussion. Can't wait until next month when we read "Pleasure of My Company" by Steve Martin which will be new to me.

No comments: