Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Literary Equivilant of a Warm Bath

So sue me. I just felt like escaping. Yes, even more than "Shutter Island". "Naked in Death" is the first in the J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts series. This was the one that A. was nice enough to leave on my chair after I read another book in the series. She wanted me to have the first one to see how the story starts.

I like Eve. She's tough and smart. I think I would make a good detective. The quasi-near future doesn't sound too bad. Maybe a little congested and real coffee is really expensive. Sure it's a bit far fetched that Roarke, who happens to be a really good looking billionaire, falls in the love with the hardscrabble cop but who cares? Again, the book is the same as a warm bath. Nothing too fancy, just some time to take your mind off other things.

No comments: