Sunday, November 22, 2009

James Grippando

I only know about James Grippando because he wrote a young adult book for my current employer. He's really not a bad suspense writer. This was a standalone and not part of his Jack Swyteck series. It was great for my commute late in the week when I was tired from work. There was a part in "The Lyre of Orpheus" where one of the younger characters accuses one of the older characters of basing his emotional responses on what he has read in books and he tells her that if she read more real life experiences would not hurt her as much.

While I don't expect to face a kidnapping, infidelity, murder or grand jury I do feel better about myself after reading this one. Peyton and Kevin have a terrible relationship with more deception and misunderstanding than is possible - almost like an episode of "Three's Company". I figured out some of the end but not all of it because who could predict it? Looking for a new series? Check out Grippando's Jack Swyteck. He's entertaining and maybe you just need an escape.

No comments: