Monday, April 12, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire - now I really get it

I really enjoyed "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and thought I understood the hype. I kept hearing the stories on the radio about bookstores importing the 3rd installment in the series, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest", into the United States because their customers were asking for it. I also heard a story on NPR that a woman and her husband bought copies from Amazon in France and read the 3rd story in French because they just had to have it. The frenzy the series has caused! Yes, it's adult. Yes, it's scary. But Lisbeth is so cool!

Well, after finishing the 2nd book in 4 days I can see why people are so hot to get their hands on the 3rd book. This one ends with way more of a cliffhanger than the first book. I had to go back and re-read the last few pages just to make sure I read them correctly. Plus you have to find out what happens with Lisbeth and Mikael!

I think if I had a Kindle or an iPad, and I could download the 3rd book, I would have as soon as I put this one down on Sunday night. But I can wait --- I have put "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" on hold at the Chicago Public Library and will wait with bated breath for it to arrive.

No comments: