Monday, June 7, 2010

Third and Done - So Long Lisbeth


6/2/2010

Dear Chicago Public Library Patron:

Material you requested is available for pickup at: Sulzer Regional. It will be held for 9 days from the date printed above.

Thank you for using the Chicago Public Library.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This seemingly innocent note should contain the following warnings:

1. You won't need 9 days to pick up this book because as soon as you get the email you are planning your trip to the library.

2. As soon as you finish work on Wednesday, which included an emergency trip to the vet for your sidekick, you look at your outfit and say out loud "man, I hope I don't see anyone I know".

3. You furiously ride your bike to the library and immediately regret yelling "hi" and waving to your friend B. due to your ridiculous outfit.

After you check out the book you are so happy that the Chicago Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup playoffs because when the games are being televised you are not expected to make pleasant conversation and can focus on reading.

Yes, some of the political parts were a little slow but what a finish! There was one part early on that made me want to stand up and cheer. When I was almost done last night I was thinking "well, maybe he thought he could write more books because there sure is a lot hanging". Keep the faith - Larsson knew what he was doing.

I only wish that Lisbeth, who in the 2nd book started getting a little more social, could have continued the trend in this one. I often felt that at times she had gone backwards and was still very untrusting even though she had so many people working on her behalf. That was my only regret - the rest is pure blockbuster.

No comments: