Monday, October 25, 2010

Done - and other things to check out

Bought this one at Prairie Lights.  The short review was funny.  I am liking the smaller paperback size.  I was intrigued and thought I would check out a new genre.  I did not give up on this one but it was not that good.  Interesting to have a female be the violent lead character in charge of leading warring factions.  The revenge plot got tired.  I did not connect with anyone.  But I hauled this puppy on quite a few plane rides and was glad for the diversion.

While I can't recommend this book I can say that I am really enjoying the Nancy Pearl podcasts available from iTunes.  This is also a funny article about the dangers of drinking and e-readers - be warned!

Stopped in at Faulkner House Books while in New Orleans.  Small but great selection.  Bought a mystery by a local author.  Also bought "Spoiled" which is very emotional.  Sure, we've all seen the pictures of the Superdome during Katrina and people being rescued from their homes but somehow these photos of refrigerators left out to be picked up are so moving.  Support local bookstores on your travels!

No comments: