Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye 2011 - Hello 2012!

Whew - I feel like 2011 kicked my butt.  So much I wanted to do, so little time.  I felt a little disorganized this year.  It did not start out great but I can't complain!  A new kitty cat friend, a trip to Paris, a healthy family and my 10th marathon.  But for 2012 more reading!  I read 29 books this year which is a new low.  It is a shame because there are so many good books out there waiting to be read.  Truthfully I don't feel like I read too many quality books this year.

So even though I did not read the usual volume, here are the 5 I enjoyed the most in 2011:

1.  "Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name"
2.  "Please Look After Mom"
3.  "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao"
4.  "The Bean Trees"
5.  "French Leave"

No, the Adam Ant biography did not make the Top 5 but I have tickets to go see him in concert in February!  I can't wait.

Also - I read all of the Top 5 in print.  Just interesting.  I still feel it's the content and not the format so we'll see if an e-book shows up in the Top 5 in 2012.

I'm looking forward to "The Pale King" by David Foster Wallace which was a Christmas gift.  I also have a Tao Lin title I have not read so have to get to that one.   Picked up another Ripley book used while I was out buying gifts.  So there will be some interesting books on next year's list - which will be longer!  Happy reading to everyone in 2012!

Rest in Peace, Candy.  We miss you and hope you are listening to the #1 Song in Heaven.

No comments: