Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Hottest State

Oh, yes, it is *that* Ethan Hawke.  And, yes, the book is what you would expect.  It really wasn't that bad.  I'm not suggesting you read it, however.  It tells a tale as old as time - young man misunderstood by his parents, not sure of his way in the world, falling in love with someone maybe just to have the feeling of being in love.

I laughed every time he described what the main female character (named Sarah) was wearing.  Her outfits sounded horrible - big sack dresses.  Is that what a man thinks is sexy?  Or was he saying that the male character still found her attractive in spite of her terrible outfits and hair that always seemed to be out of control?  I did not get it.

On another note...was talking last night about books that have caused me to have huge crying jags at the end.  And I mean damp shirt, cat walking away in confusion, crying jags.  Here the top ones in no particular order - feel free to comment if you have any to add from your own experience.

1.  Elegance of the Hedgehog
2.  Stones from the River
3.  Hunting & Gathering
4.  Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
5.  Captain Corelli's Mandolin

1 comment:

runslikeagirl said...

There are too many to count, but Bridget to Terabithia is the first. I remember having a total emotional connection to it when I first read it (sobbing hysterically) and had the same response when I read it a few years ago.