Friday, August 24, 2012

Disappointing

I had high hopes for "We the Animals" by Justin Torres.  I had heard great things about it.  It was novella size.  I bought it for P. last Christmas at a local book store because they had it out on a display table. 

What a let-down.  I liked the beginning.  I enjoyed the poetic writing and the description of the family and the relationship between the brothers.  Then I went through a strange "I feel like I have read this before section" and then the end was terrible.  The more I think about it, the more I dislike this book.  Oh, well, you win some and you lose some.  I feel like our Novella group has lost this year.  The selections have been poor.  I will be interested to hear what the others thought.

Moving on to thinking about our Bonus Winter Novel for the Novella group......I polled the group and everyone was very enthusiastic about reading a book by John Irving.  Which one will it be? 

Anyone know a good source for silver polish?  Wow, I really need to clean that picture frame.

No comments: