Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

 
I know about James Grippando because he wrote a young adult book for the American Bar Association.  When I see a copy of one of his books at a used book store I try to pick it up.  He is an entertaining writer and because he was/is (?) an attorney the stories all feature a legal angle.  This one has the strangest topic - viatical settlements.  And they are real.  I had to look it up to make sure.  They sound so strange.  You surrender your life insurance policy to a third party who gives you money to use while you are alive and then they collect when you die.  So you can imagine how this might figure into the foul play of a mystery book.
Good read for the flight to Vegas.  Those four hours flew by!  Not a bad flight at all.  And a very fun vacation.  Happy Halloween.  I plan to use the last two months of the year to organize some craft projects and reading projects. 

No comments: