Friday, December 28, 2012

Thank you Minneapolis

"Final Appeal" was another suggestion I picked up in Minneapolis at Once Upon a Crime.  The owner really likes Scottoline - and I've heard good things about her from other mystery/crime/thriller readers.  I thought this was the first in a series but I guess Scottoline does not continue with her characters.  I was a little sad since I though Grace Rossi was a strong female lead and I liked her.  But it also makes me like Scottoline as an author because she can't keep churning out the same characters.  I enjoyed the legal jargon and the legal atmosphere.  The whodunit was a little weak.  I did not buy the bad buy but it was a great book to read in the airport.  I think it's a strong recommendation of local bookstore owners that I have almost read all of my purchases from One Upon a Crime.  So ask a local bookstore owner for suggestions!  

No comments: