Monday, September 16, 2013

Your Prime is not My Prime

"The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" was the September selection for the Classics group at Women & Children First.  I am glad I have read this book so now I know what it is about since you hear the title frequently.  However, I did not find Miss Jean Brodie the comical, misunderstood, romantic figure that others at the discussion did at all.  I thought she was a windbag who stunted the growth of the girls who fell under her spell.  She may have thought she was in her prime, but she never let them have a prime.  I wonder if the movie shows the character in a favorable light because I thought reading the book that she was cruel and sad. 

In other news I think I need to start a "Wire" support group.  I have finished watching Seasons 1, 2 and 3 and am going to take a little break.  I was getting addicted and obsessed.  The episodes are under an hour so easy to view while knitting.  I've started to think of cell phones as "burners" and actually referred to "the Game" in conversation.  Be glad you do not live in Chicago if you do not want to talk about the genius of "The Wire".  I know I'm late to the series but had heard how great it was for so long that I finally decided to watch and it's been a great great after long training runs.

No comments: