Thursday, January 2, 2014
Top 5 for 2013
Here are my Top 5 for 2013. I was looking back at my list and I read a lot of books this year that I liked so I had to think about what to include - that is a nice change of pace!
1. Eccentric Glamour - books that make you say "yes!" out loud are always good in my opinion. Plus this book helped me discover a new writer and a new way to think about dressing. Make 2014 your year of eccentric glamour! Join me Gypsies, Socialites and Existentialists!
2. Frankenstein - Wow, am I glad I have now read this book. I still think about it. You should read it, too. It's one you could really ruin for someone but I won't. A book about the monster, yes, but also about friendships.
3. The Lock Artist - I had forgotten how much I like this book until I was looking back at my list on LibraryThing.
4. Treasure Island!!! - makes me chuckle just thinking about the main character. How can someone be so bad? And yet so entertaining? And so entitled? And get the original book so wrong?
5. Gone Girl - If you are sad because you read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and want something as gripping and creepy you should read "Gone Girl".
I just saw at O'Hare that the Stephanie Plum series is on 19! I'm not sure how far I'll take it but I've got 6 and 7 at home. Think I picked those up at the Newberry book sale. So many books, so little time but it's not a bad problem to have! And books don't contain calories. So read on Readers!