Wednesday, May 14, 2014

In the Woods - do you like mysteries?

I picked up "In the Woods" by Tana French at the Newberry Book Sale.  I had it in my hand and one of the people from my book group said "you should buy that - it's good".  And was it.
If you like the mysteries of Henning Mankell, or the plot twists of Gillian Flynn, you will like Tana French.  It's an involved plot, with many intertwined stories, and the story develops slowly.  I kind of figured out whodunnit but that is only one part of the overall plot so it did not ruin the story.

Speaking of Gillian Flynn, "Gone Girl" is going to be a movie.  You can watch the trailer here and I have to say I'm really looking forward to it.  I've thought all of Flynn's books would make great movies and maybe this one was the easiest to develop.

No comments: