Monday, January 5, 2015

Best of 2014 and Welcome 2015

Happy New Year!  Goodbye 2014.  The year had many ups and downs but, thankfully, more ups than downs.  I learned that if you don't set aside time for reading you won't read.  I had a pretty poor total this year but I can't beat myself up too much for it - just make some changes for 2015.  I received a new iPad for Christmas (yay!) so I can check out audio books and e-books from the library.  I am also going to be more vigilant about turning off the television.  It can be a time suck for sure!

Here are my Top 5 books for 2014:

1.  The Stephanie Plum Series - I knocked out six - eleven of this series in 2014.  When things were going bad in real life the series was a comfort.  There is something about returning to a book series where you know the characters.  They can become like old friends.  Books are a comfort and this series, while silly and not very challenging, was a great escape this year.

2.  The Punch - I really liked this book and think of it when I watch the NBA.  Great book - so why not read this year during March Madness?

3.  Bonjour Tristesse - So many layers.  Great book for a book group!  I need to see if the library has other titles by Sagan.

4.  Treasure Island!!! - Re-read this in 2014 for the Newberry book group.  I led the discussion and - woo boy - did we have a good time.  Lots of laughing.  And thanks to Sara Levine for providing us some questions for the book group.

5.  Nasty - I love memoirs and this one is one of the best I've read.

More reading please!  I'm pooped and need a lap for a nap.


No comments: