Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Read this One


I loved Alan Cumming in "Circle of Friends".  It makes me laugh that he launched a men's cologne named Cumming.  (Which I just found out was made in conjunction with the person who now has the line I Hate Perfume that has an In the Library fragrance I like).  I also have seen him act in "Josie and the Pussycats" and "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion".  I wish he did more intros for Masterpiece Mystery because I love the way he sets up an episode!  I don't watch "The Good Wife" but I think after this memoir I am going to have check out more of his acting.

This is a hard book to read.  Alan Cumming is very brave to share his story so openly.  A chance to appear on "Who do You Think You Are?" helped him learn so much more about his family.  I thought the way he paralleled learning around his grandfather with his own experience with his father was very interesting.  Don't read about this book before you start it since you really need to find out what happens for yourself.  Suffice it to say that I greatly respect for Alan Cumming and am very happy that he is famous and has become successful.  He truly deserves it.  Read this, buy it for someone else, tell your friends about it.  "Not My Father's Son" is a difficult but necessary book.

No comments: